If you go to our homepage and click on “Resources” on the grey navigation bar, you’ll see a listing for “WF Editorial Advisory Board.” If you click there, or conveniently, on this link here, you’ll see bios for our current advisors.
We didn’t just form our board, they’ve been with us all along. We just wanted to formally introduce them, and point out that in this era of concern about whether material you’re reading is being written by a human being or an app, not only do we have humans working on everything you read here, we also have a team of nationally recognized experts helping to guide us in our coverage of what matters most to houses of worship everywhere. You’ve likely read one of the Learning Series pieces they’ve written for us, you may have seen them speak at CFX, you may have watched one of our webinars or heard an episode of our podcast with one of them. However you’ve done it, you’ve experienced their influence here, and across the House of Worship community, and you will continue to for a long time to come.
With that said, here’s a bit more detail about each member of our board:
- Bill Di Paolo has worked in live production for over 30 years, and has a reputation of being one of the best live production techs in the business. He is the owner and technical director of Entertainment Services, a production company based in upstate New York that handles lighting, audio and video for events of all sizes in the Northeast.
- Simon Osamoh is one of the country’s leading experts in securing Houses of Worship. He is a British American and founder of Kingswood Security Consulting. Simon spent 14 years as a Detective in England working serious and organized crime. He moved to the United States to head Counter Terrorism at Mall of America, Minnesota. Simon is a Christian and has spent over a decade helping non-profits stay safe and secure. He is the author of three books, Securing Church Operations, Church Safety Responding to Suspicious Behavior and 10 Powerful Strategies for Conflict De-escalation. Simon is the host of the Church Security Made Simple Podcast.
- Steve Kuhn is the founder of ShareBuilt, a nonprofit organization, that directly connects those in need of new/renovated facilities to AEC organizations with resources to meet those needs and professionals called to serve their communities.
- Bobby Brasher is the Director of Security for Brook Hill School a private, Christian,international boarding school in Bullard, Texas. He has a lengthy background in Education as well as Security and Law Enforcement. He consults with schools and churches to improve their campus security and staff training for emergency events such as active shooter situations, severe weather, medical, and helps coordinate Emergency Response Teams. He graduated from the University of Louisiana – Monroe Police Academy and received his P.O.S.T. certification. He has more than 20 years’ experience as a classroom teacher in Police Operations and Introduction into Law Enforcement. He has been trained in multiple related areas with numerous certifications, including FBI Child Abduction Rapid Response Training and Homeland Security Emergency Management Institute (National Response Plan).
- Tyler Reagin is Founder and CEO of the Life-Giving Company. He is the author of multiple books on leadership and was the president of Catalyst. Prior to that, Tyler served for seven years under the leadership of Andy Stanley as the Service Programming Director of Browns Bridge Community Church (a campus of North Point Ministries). He received his Masters of Divinity from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and serves as a leadership coach for teams and organizations.
- Stephen Brewster is a church leadership coach and creative leader. He serves with teams of all sizes in creative, worship, executive, and leadership roles. He worked in the music business for years, finding artists, developing albums, and leading marketing teams. He then moved into church leadership, serving not just as a lead over the creative but also on the executive level of multiple mega-churches across the country. Stephen and his wife Jackie started The Harmony Group – an organization that helps worship teams navigating the music business, churches develop leadership and creative structures for growth and culture development.