By Steve Dirks, originally posted on [twelve:thirty]media
As you look to record and capture the stories and messages of your church, there are some key pieces of gear you need to consider having in your arsenal. Now, I am going to assume you have already selected your camera.
1. EXCELLENT 3 POINT LIGHTING
Lighting is key to making your shot all it can be. You need high quality lighting that will ensure your subject is the focus of your shot. I am going to offer you a high quality option and a lower cost option.
- HIGH COST / HIGH QUALITY – Dracast LED1000 Kala Bi-Color LED 3-Light Kit
- LOWER COST / DECENT QUALITY – GVM 3 Pack LED Video Lighting
2. EXCELLENT AUDIO
Along with your subject being visible, you need your onscreen talent heard clearly and effectively.
- HIGH COST / HIGH QUALITY –
- LOWER COST / DECENT QUALITY –
- Rode Wireless GO 2-Person Compact Digital Wireless Microphone System/Recorder (plugs into your camera)
- Impact Turtle Base C-Stand (don’t forget your audio boom stand)
3. COLOR LIGHTING
Having a couple of color changing lights helps you add color to you background. It really can enhance and elevate what you do on screen. Here are a couple options:
- HIGH COST / HIGH QUALITY – CHAUVET DJ SlimPAR Pro H
- LOWER COST / DECENT QUALITY – CHAUVET DJ SlimPAR 56 LED PAR Can Wash Light
4. NOT TALL ENOUGH
Is your talent short? Or maybe you are interviewing two people of very different heights. Grab a set of these to help you with placement of people on your screen. (You would be surprised how much these come in handy.)
5.YOU NEED A GREAT TRIPOD
You need to have a great tripod for your video production. Take it from me, the cheap stuff doesn’t last and causes more issues than they are worth. Here are a couple options:
- HIGH COST / HIGH QUALITY –Manfrotto 502AH Video Head & MT055XPRO3 Aluminum Tripod
- LOWER COST / DECENT QUALITY – Magnus VT-4000 Tripod System with Fluid Head
With these items in your camera kit, you will find recording your videos and creating content a breeze.