If you’re ready for a truly professional microphone, Sony’s C-80 is a great place to start. Whether you’re recording vocals, doing VO work, podcasting, or building up your recording studio, the C-80 is a perfect studio-quality condenser mic. At just $499 MSRP, this mic boasts unrivaled sound quality and construction, made using the same two-part metal body anti-vibrational technology as in Sony’s flagship C-800G for a classic fit and finish.
In taking inspiration from the C-100 and C-800G, Sony has built your next go-to home studio microphone. Details include:
Uni-directional condenser microphone suitable for vocal/voice recording. Inheriting the microphone capsule used in the C-100 and using the same material as the C800G for the diaphragm, this microphone inherits the essence of the predecessors. The dual diaphragm configuration suppresses sound characteristics changes with distance (proximity effect), enabling stable recording/distribution. “Noise Elimination Construction” succeeded from C-800G/C-100 prevents acoustic vibration resulting in low noise and clear sound.
- Excellent Sound Quality. A powerful and rich mid-low frequency range provides vocals and voice recordings with a core sound and presence.
- Dual Diaphragm Configuration. The dual diaphragm configuration realizes stable recording/distribution by suppressing sound characteristic changes with distance (proximity effect).
- Noise Elimination Construction. The two-part metallic body structure succeeded from the C-800G/C-100 microphone prevents acoustic vibration resulting in low noise and clear sound.
- Low-Cut Filter. The low-Cut filter switch helps eliminate the lowfrequency noise and proximity effect.
- Pad Switch. An -10dB pad switch on the microphone provides added headroom and minimizes distortion caused by transient peaks.
Click here for more information.